9 injured when the cylinder exploded in Kandivali

0
66
Segway-like vehicles were also used by the police to keep an eye on the large crowd on Marina Beach.

Nine people were injured when a gas bottle exploded in a claw in Kandivali on Wednesday evening. The injured were taken to Shatabdi Hospital in Kandivali.

While four have been treated and released, the remaining five are stable and are being treated.

The incident occurred at Sandip Kanade's home in Nana Gaware Chawl in Kandivali (east) at around 11 p.m. According to the police, there was a leak when Rajesh Dubale (40) attached the regulator to the cylinder in the house.

The police said the gas had spread to a small lamp that was burning in the prayer room and that it had caused an explosion. Bhagwat Vyavhare, sub-inspector of the Samta Nagar Police Station, said: “It appears to be an accident. No complaint has been filed so far. "

Five adults and Mr. Kanade's one-year-old son were present when the cylinder exploded. Some boys sitting on a bench in front of the house also suffered injuries.

Shave thoroughly: Nishant Panchal returns home after treatment for injuries sustained in a cylinder explosion in Nana Gaware Chawl (right) in Kandivali (east) on Thursday.

Shave thoroughly: Nishant Panchal returns home after treatment for injuries sustained in a cylinder explosion in Nana Gaware Chawl (right) in Kandivali (east) on Thursday.

| Photo credit: Vijay Bate.

Gaurav Gawande, Mr. Kanade's brother-in-law, said: "Shortly before the explosion, my sister noticed something was wrong and she picked up the baby and ran out. Both are fine. My brother-in-law, his mother, his nephew and a neighbor are still in the hospital. The others who were released were the ones nearby. The fire destroyed the ground floor of the two-story house. The refrigerator also partially melted in the flame. "

Mehul Surati (30), Jayesh Sutar (30), Nishant Panchal (10) and Devyani Surati (46) were released from the hospital. Mr. Kanade (28), who suffered 30% burns; his mother Sharda Kanade (56), 35% -45% burns; his nephew Omkar Chike (18), 40% -45% burns; Divesh Patel (22), 15% -16% burns; and Mr. Dubale (40), 30% burns, are still observed in the hospital.

You reached your free article limit this month.

Register for free with The Hindu and get unlimited access for 30 days.

Subscription benefits include

Today's paper

In a clear list you will find a mobile version of articles from the daily newspaper.

Unlimited access

Read as many articles as you want without restrictions.

Personalized recommendations

A selected list of articles that match your interests and preferences.

Faster pages

Move smoothly between articles while our pages load instantly.

dashboard

A one-stop shop to view the latest updates and manage your settings.

admission

We inform you three times a day about the latest and most important developments.

Unconvinced? Know why you should pay for news.

* Our digital subscription plans do not currently include e-paper, crossword, iPhone, iPad, and print mobile applications. Our plans improve your reading experience.