She is officially a covidiot.
The New York City fashion influencer who used personal connections to obtain a coronavirus test, much to the chagrin of online critics, has now committed yet another pandemic misstep: fleeing to the Hamptons with her family after testing positive by COVID-19.
To add insult to injury, Arielle Charnas, who previously documented her health journey on Instagram for her 1.3 million followers, also completely ignores calls to self-isolate for 14 days, posting photos on social media showing herself outside. and with his family since the test. positive on March 18.
But his followers don’t feel it.
“As a nurse, dinner annoys me that you couldn’t remain in quarantine for the 14 days after the positive tests,” said one user in the Charnas photo of March 27, which shows the mother of two sunbathing with the subtitle “Fresh air” and a praying hands emoji. “His privilege does not excuse him from following simple rules to contain himself. And you influence many young people. “
Another disgruntled follower posted a long list of rhetorical questions that skewered the 32-year-old fashionista.
“Do you realize that the virus remains in the air for hours, so you’ve basically spread the virus in the air from Manhattan to the Hamptons?” A question is read.
Charnas, also known as Something Navy, was originally attacked in mid-March when she tagged her friend Dr. Jake Deutsch, who works on the Upper West Side, in a post about feeling sick and offered her a test for coronavirus amid a country short of evidence.
The influencer went ahead and accepted it despite officials urging people with low-risk factors, including youth and people without underlying conditions, to be quarantined and isolated to preserve the evidence supply.
Her husband Brandon later taped her trip to the Cure Urgent Care facility, where a nurse cleaned the inside of her nose from the passenger seat of her car. All of which, they posted on Charnas’ Instagram story.
“I acknowledge how lucky I am to have had that access,” he later admitted in an Instagram screenshot of a note he wrote. Then he said he had tested positive for the coronavirus.
Clearly, she did not take the advice of health care officials, when just a week later she posted a close-up photo of her daughters followed by photos in the Hamptons.
Charnas is not the only privileged New Yorker who is under fire for fleeing the luxurious area in the midst of the pandemic. Locals have expressed dismay that since the outbreak, grocery stores have been looted and medical equipment stretched by wealthy city dwellers who have invaded in recent weeks.
The situation has become an issue that local leaders are now asking Governor Andrew Cuomo to issue a travel ban to prevent New York City residents from coming to the Hamptons.