Ladies, I know these are difficult times. Personally, I am determined to lose weight, even though I have had to completely change my exercise routine and eating because of stress is knocking on my door. I know many of you feel the same way.
This is not the time for tricks or fads. It’s time to be as real as possible about what we eat. It’s time to adjust our training routines as necessary. It’s time to focus on our why and take action on a daily basis.
Our main focus for April 2020: Commit to healthy habits.
• Let’s focus on what we are eating, why we are eating, and how food helps or prevents us from achieving our wellness goals.
• Let’s exercise as hard as we can.
• Keep in mind that emotional eating, stress and boredom can lead us astray.
To take action
These are the actions that I ask you to commit to our April Challenge, which begins on April 5. And, as always, this is a free, self-guided challenge.
– Track everything you eat using the app of your choice for accountability. (I prefer the Loseit app or My Fitness Pal for monitoring).
– Create a specific caloric goal that allows you to maintain a caloric deficit.
– Limit carbohydrates to 30% for less than your total food intake. Of course, this number is flexible for vegans, vegetarians, and those with low carb or keto content. If you’re keto, carbohydrates can represent 5 to 10% of your intake. For vegans and vegetarians, that number could be closer to 40-45%.
– Train for 30 minutes, four days a week or more.
– Drink 64 oz. Of water or more each day
– Avoid foods and drinks that contain added sugars.
– Avoid eating emotionally, eating stress and eating due to boredom.
Tools for success: These simple tools will help you keep up with your eating habits.
Responsibility is key
By holding ourselves accountable and consistent, we will make progress during these difficult times. Visit our Facebook page or Instagram EVERY afternoon from April 5 to 30 for our evening registration. Leave a comment, share your progress and tell us how you are doing with the objectives of the challenge.
Follow your progress with our weekly checklist.
Download the PDF file today.
How can I join?
- Download the weekly checklist.
- Leave a comment below and let me know what challenges you face when it comes to your eating and exercise habits.
- Join our nightly records at Facebook or Instagram.
- Share your progress on social media with the challenge hashtag: #BWLWAPR We want to see your meals and your workout selfies. Let’s motivate each other.
BWLW Brotherhood, I want you to know that my prayers are with you and your families. My prayers are also directed to all health professionals who keep us safe. I hope that we can all return to our regular schedules in a few weeks and that our nation recovers. There are so many unknowns right now. We just have to keep the faith.