Updated January 9, 2017
These Terms of Sale govern the sale of Washington Post Print products (the "Print Products").
1. Print products
You can view Swiss Post's various subscription offers at https://account.washingtonpost.com/acquisition. We also offer gift subscriptions at https://subscribe.washingtonpost.com/gift.
Swiss Post reserves the right to change the content, type and availability of print products at any time.
on. Automatically renewed subscription. Your print product subscription, which may start at a special price, will automatically renew at the end of the cycle specified at the time of your order ("billing period") unless you cancel your subscription or we cancel it. You can view the date of your next scheduled payment by logging into your account on our website and clicking the "My Subscriptions" tab. You will not receive a message from us that your promotional period has expired or that your subscription has been automatically renewed.
b. Different subscriptions / promotions. Post can offer different types of subscriptions, including subscriptions to various Washington Post products and special offers. Any conditions that differ significantly from these terms of sale will be announced at the time of purchase or in other communications provided to you. You can find details about your subscription by logging into your account on our website and clicking on the "My Subscriptions" tab. We reserve the right to change or cancel subscriptions or promotions at any time. All print product subscriptions include delivery of our special Thanksgiving Day edition and other special editions identified by The Post (up to 12 per calendar year). You will be charged the current Sunday delivery price for these editions. Unless otherwise stated, your subscription does not include a TV week. A one-time activation fee may be charged for new print subscriptions.
c. Eligibility. Print offerings are limited to limited locations within the Washington Post 7-day delivery area for new subscribers and those who have not subscribed to the Washington Post in the past thirty (30) days. Offers cannot be combined with other Washington Post special offers for home delivery.
on. Payment methods. You can pay for your subscription with a common credit card ("payment method"). Only credit cards are eligible for payment. Do not sign up for a subscription by specifying a debit card in the credit card option. A debit card can also be referred to as a "check" or "ATM" card and usually contains the word "debit". You can change your payment method by logging into your account on our website and clicking on the "My Subscriptions" tab. If your payment fails due to insufficient funds, expiry or other reasons, you remain responsible for amounts not recovered.
b. Recurring billing. When you place an order for a subscription, you authorize us to charge you the subscription fee applicable to your payment method at the beginning of each billing cycle. For example, you authorize us to charge your payment method for the special price shown on the subscription screen in the initial billing period (if applicable) and the regular subscription price in subsequent billing periods. We automatically calculate your payment method on the last day of each billing cycle. We reserve the right to change the date of our billing, especially in the event that your payment method has not been successfully processed. If your payment method for a recurring payment of your subscription fee is declined, you have ninety (90) days to provide us with a new payment method, or your subscription will be canceled.
You acknowledge that the amount charged in each billing cycle may vary for reasons that include price changes or changes to your subscription, and you authorize us to charge your payment method for that different amount in each billing cycle. You will not be informed of upcoming fees unless otherwise stated.
c. Prices subject to change. We reserve the right to change subscription fees for our subscriptions at any time. We will notify you of changes if the regular fee for your subscription differs from the fee stated at the time of your first order. You will then have the option to cancel or change your subscription. If you don't cancel or change your subscription, you will be charged the new subscription fee in your next billing cycle.
d. Billing period. We charge the subscription fee at the beginning of your subscription or, if applicable, at the end of your free trial period and then automatically on the first calendar day of each billing period, if and until your subscription is canceled.
e. One time purchases. If you purchase a standalone product such as a gift subscription, your payment method will be charged at the time of purchase.
4. Cancellations and Refunds
on. Cancellations. For print products, you can cancel your subscription by calling customer service at 202-334-6100 and speaking to a representative.
b. Refunds. Payments are non-refundable and there are no refunds or credits for partially used billing periods. However, we reserve the right to make refunds or credits at our own discretion. If we issue a refund or credit in one case, we are under no obligation to issue the same refund or credit in the future.
5. Disclosure and consent of E-Sign. By purchasing a Print Product subscription and / or clicking the box when opening an account, you agree to receive notifications, disclosures, agreements, guidelines, receipts, confirmations, transaction information, account information, other notices, and changes or updates to such documents electronic (collectively the "electronic communication"). We will provide these electronic communications by posting them on your account profile page on the Washington Post website and / or sending them to your primary email address associated with your print product subscription. You agree that electronic communication meets all legal communication requirements, including written communication. Electronic communication is deemed to have been received by you within 24 hours of the date it was published on our website or your account's profile page, or within 24 hours of the date you received an email unless we have received notice that the email was not delivered.
on. System requirements for access to information. To receive electronic communication, you must have the following devices and software:
• a computer or other device with an internet connection;
• A current web browser with 128-bit encryption (eg Internet Explorer from version 6.0, Firefox from version 2.0, Chrome from version 3.0 or Safari from version 3.0) with activated cookies;
• Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 8.0 and higher for opening documents in PDF format;
• a valid email address (your primary email address associated with the Print Product Subscription); and
• Sufficient space or other methods (such as a USB drive or secure online storage) to store previous electronic communications or a printer to print them.
Accessing this page will check whether your system / device meets these requirements. You also confirm that you have access to the required devices and are able to receive, open, print, or save electronic communications.
It is your responsibility to keep your primary email address up to date. You can change your primary email address by logging into your account on our website and accessing your profile. You agree that electronic communications will be sent to a primary email address that is incorrect, out of date, blocked by your service provider, or cannot be received due to a violation of system requirements. If an electronic message is returned to us because an email with your address becomes invalid, your subscription may be considered inactive and you may not receive or have access to your subscription until we have a valid, functional primary email address got from you.
We will notify you when significant changes have been made to the hardware or software that are required to receive electronic communications.
b. Delivery of information and notices on paper. You have the right to receive a copy of the electronic communication on paper. To receive a free paper copy, please request one of the following: (1) Go to the Washington Post Help Desk at www.washingtonpost.com/contactus and send us a message with your name and E -mail address. or (2) call us at 202-334-6100 and speak to the customer service representative. A revocation of your consent to receive electronic communication will only take effect when we have a reasonable period to process your revocation. You understand and agree that we can cancel your print product subscription if you withdraw your consent, although we are not obliged to do so.
6. Changes to the sales conditions. We may change these terms of sale from time to time. If such changes are made, we will provide you with a copy of the new sales terms. You can contact email@example.com if you have any questions about the terms of sale.