DUBLIN. January 7, 2020 / PRNewswire / – The "Disruptive Battery Storage Technologies" report has been added ResearchAndMarkets.com Offer.
This study shows the following:
- Disruptive battery storage technologies – overview and current trends
- Factors that drive the acceptance and development of battery storage
- Important properties, disadvantages, important innovations as well as research and development activities
- Snapshot of disruptive battery storage technologies, applications and future prospects
- Technology benchmarking for smart decisions
The widespread use of batteries in power supply systems and transportation applications is likely to face challenges related to the raw material supply chain and the environmental impact of the materials. Current energy storage systems are expensive and difficult to scale, mainly due to the cost and performance of battery chemistry.
The latest innovations in battery storage technology have the potential to meet the current and future challenges of the energy storage sector by manufacturing high-performance, low-cost batteries.
Novel battery chemistries are being developed to address the current limitations of Li-ion batteries, such as high costs, resource constraints, and safety issues. This research service focuses on emerging innovations and the latest achievements in the development of batteries beyond Li-ion chemistry.
The results presented in this study will help drive economic growth and the technological revolution of the battery industry. The study shows the biggest challenges technology innovators face in developing affordable and powerful battery chemistry and design. At the same time, it gains market acceptance by converting technological innovations into competitiveness.
The study presents a snapshot of emerging battery storage technologies, their advantages and disadvantages, their possible application and their impact on the battery market. The battery storage technologies with different chemical properties discussed are optimized for different applications and market adaptations and aim to reduce the costs of energy storage. Particular attention is paid to the factors that determine the marketing potential of new battery storage technologies.
Successful case studies of successful technology development and implementation are included in the report. In addition, the performance analysis and comparison of different battery storage technologies, the application scenario and future applications are presented.
The growth opportunities of a disruptive battery storage:
- The main factor that causes researchers to look far beyond current Li-ion technology is the high battery cost. Novel battery technologies aim to reduce battery costs and create new opportunities for the energy and automotive sectors. The cost of storing battery energy outside of Li-ion chemistry has to compete with conventional energy storage in order to be economically viable.
- Due to the high availability and low cost of sodium, sodium ion batteries are seen as replacements for Li-ion batteries for energy storage on a network scale. It is expected that the sodium ion battery will first gain market acceptance and become the first commercially available battery beyond Li-ion chemistry.
- Batteries that go beyond Li-ion chemistry are at an early stage of development and marketing and could potentially disrupt the market in the next five to ten years.
More information about this report can be found at https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/9vzgua
Research and Markets also offers customer-specific research services that enable focused, comprehensive and tailor-made research.
Research and markets
Laura Wood, Senior manager
For the business hours of E.S.T. call + 1-917-300-0470
For USA / Canada toll free number + 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, dial + 353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the United States): + 353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets