Barcelona has given up striving for a striker in the transfer window because, in his opinion, it would not improve the current team.
FC Barcelona (Photo credit: Reuters)
Madrid: Barcelona will not sign a new striker before the transfer window ends in January, club director Guillermo Amor said on Thursday.
Barca had tried to improve his attack options after Luis Suarez underwent right knee surgery that is expected to rule him out for the rest of the season.
"The transfer window ends tomorrow (Friday) at midnight and it has been decided not to sign this winter transfer window as it is better not to do it if it is not better than what we already have," said Amor before Barca TV's 5-0 win against Leganes in the Copa del Rey.
Negotiations with Rodrigo Moreno with Valencia failed earlier this week, while Arsenal's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Lautaro Martinez have also been linked by Inter Milan.
New coach Quique Setien said on Wednesday that it would be "interesting" if the club brought in another striker, but insisted that he was happy to work with the players he has.
Get the best of News18 in your inbox – subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube and stay up to date with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.