On the occasion of his 123rd birthday on Thursday (January 23), millions of Indians honor Subhash Chandra Bose, who is considered one of the most famous and influential freedom fighters in India. Bose, who is often referred to as "Netaji" for his exceptional leadership skills, is regarded by the world and his enthusiastic admirers as a charismatic speaker.
Every year on January 23, people from across the country pay tribute to Netaji, who has played an important role in triggering patriotism in the hearts of many Indians in the struggle for freedom from the British Raj.
For Bose's 123rd birthday, also known as Netaji Jayanti, here are some of the national leader's most popular slogans.
1. Tum Mujhe Khoon Do, main Tumhe Azadi Doonga (give me blood and I will give you freedom!)
2. India is calling. Blood calls for blood. Get up, we have no time to waste. Pick up your arms! we will meander through the ranks of the enemy, or if God wills, we will die the death of a martyr. And in our last sleep we will kiss the street that will bring our army to Delhi.
3. An individual may die for an idea, but that idea will incarnate in a thousand lives after his death.
4. When we stand, the Azad Hind Fauj must be like a granite wall; When we march, the Azad Hind Fauj must be like a steamroller.
5. Life loses half of its interest when there is no struggle – when there are no risks to take.
6. Reality is ultimately too great for our frail understanding to fully grasp. Still, we have to build our lives on the theory that contains the maximum truth.
7. We cannot sit still because we do not know or do not know the absolute truth.
8. Freedom is not given – it is taken.
9. The secret of political negotiations is to look stronger than what you really are.
10. Soldiers who are always loyal to their nation, who are always willing to sacrifice their lives, are invincible.