The frog was bitten by the snake several times, but miraculously survived.
Photo: Facebook / Chapel Pest Control
In an unusual turn, a green tree frog swallowed a poisonous snake in the Australian state of Queensland. According to a Facebook post, the frog was bitten several times by the snake, but miraculously survived.
The guard revealed that the hungry green tree frog swallowed up a coastal taipan, which is one of the most poisonous snakes in the world.
Daily Mail quoted the owner of the Snake Take Away and Chapel Pest, Jamie Chapel, as saying that he received a call from a woman, informed him of the snake in her back yard, and asked him to remove the snake from her house.
Chapel added that on the way to recapturing the coastal taipe, he received another call from the woman, saying that the frog was devouring the snake. When he got there, the frog had completely swallowed the snake.
He later shared the whole incident on Facebook and said he saw "the coolest" and said he took the frog with him because he thought he could eject the reptile.
The post has collected over 1,000 likes and received over 500 comments.
Following his post, Chapel said the frog was fine and would soon release it in a forest.
Get the best of News18 in your inbox – subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube and stay up to date with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.