“Has given time for the truth to prevail”: Kanika on the COVID-19 controversy


Kanika Kapoor shared this picture. (courtesy of kanik4kapoor)


  • Kanika Kapoor published a statement on Sunday
  • “Negativity thrown at a person doesn’t change reality,” she wrote
  • “I would especially like to thank the doctors and nurses,” she added


More than a month after the positive test for the corona virus, singer Kanika Kapoor said on Sunday that there had been several “false information exchanges” regarding her travel timeline and the fight against the disease.

Kanika, who was the first Bollywood personality to test positive for the novel virus on March 20, was attacked for negligence and did not practice self-quarantine despite returning to the country from the UK in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

She was also booked by the Uttar Pradesh police for negligence and committing acts likely to spread the infection after attending at least three meetings in Lucknow, including a party in which political figures, including the senior BJP leader and former Prime Minister of Rajasthan, Vasundhara Raje and their son Dushyant Singh were present.

In a statement, the singer said she knew “multiple versions of stories” about her diagnosis, but “negativity thrown at a person doesn’t change reality.”

“Some of them seem even more fueled because I decided to remain silent until now. I was silent, not because I’m wrong, but because I was fully aware that there were misunderstandings and wrong information exchanges. I have Given time for truth to triumph and people to achieve their own realization, “she said.

Kanika said there were certain facts about her case that she wanted to clarify, starting with how any person she came into contact with, whether it was in the UK, Mumbai or Lucknow, “did not actually show any symptoms of COVID-19 which tested were negative. “

“I traveled from the UK to Mumbai on March 10th and was duly checked at the international airport. There was no evidence that day (the UK travelogue was published on March 18th) saying that I had to quarantine. I didn’t show any illness, so health didn’t quarantine me. “

The singer said she traveled to Lucknow to meet her family on March 11, claiming that there was “no screening setup for domestic flights.”

On March 14th and 15th, Kanika said that she had attended a friend’s lunch and dinner and made it clear that “I did not have a party and I was in perfectly normal health.”

However, on March 17 and 18, she developed symptoms and said she had tested on March 19.

“When I was informed on March 20 that my test was positive, I went to the hospital. I was discharged after the negative tests and have been at home for 21 days since then.

“I would particularly like to thank the doctors and nurses who looked after me so graciously during a very emotional test period. I hope that everyone can deal with this matter honestly and sensitively,” she added.