Sleepwear is always something that one need to pick carefully, as sleep is one of the most crucial things in one’s daily routine. And not wearing comfortable sleepwear means it can ruin one’s sleep and comfort and can also cause skin irritation. Sleepwear tends to decide how comfortable one’s sleep will be and what will be the body temperature etc. There are several options that one can find in sleepwear as they vary in style, fabric, color, etc. thus it is important to keep in mind these points while sleepwear online shopping.
What to consider?
Before choosing any sleepwear to make it a point to consider these few points like:
- Style: sleepwear can be varied styles like pajamas, complete night suits, nightgowns, shirts, t-shirts, etc. one can keep in mind one’s comfort and season before choosing a certain style. Like shorts and shirts are perfect for summers, while pajamas and night suits are perfect for winters and colder seasons.
- Natural: never underestimate the comfort of natural fabrics. There are a lot of many health benefits of natural fabrics as compared to synthetic and artificial ones. Natural fabrics are more breathable and thus helps in regulating the body temperature. Regulated body temperature means the body will not get overheated and thus will produce the optimum amount of growth hormones and melatonin. Melatonin is very important for repairing the tissues, prevent aging and increase metabolism. Therefore it is important yo make sure that the fabric is breathable and natural.
- Details and size: many people do not like details on their sleepwear as it can tamper with one’s comfort. Details like buttons, laces, etc. should be avoided so that one is not getting disturbed due to them while sleeping. Also, pick a size that is comfortable and big loose on the body to keep the movement easy in the sleepwear.
Fabric of choice
When it comes to fabrics there are several to pick from like:
- Cotton: cotton is one of the best and most common options of fabric when it comes to choosing a natural fabric for sleepwear. Cotton is soft, breathable, regulates the body temperature, soft and good for the skin. Also one can easily take care of the cotton wears. However, one thing that should be kept in mind is the fact that it tends to absorb sweat and also is not that effective in insulating. Therefore it can be said that cotton is best for summers.
- Silk: another very common fabric that people tend to choose is silk. Silk gives a very royal and plush feel, which can make one feel comfortable while sleeping. Silk is great fabric due to its many good things like it is a great insulator and thus can be worn in winters and summers, it is very soft and is very durable too. but some of the things that may go against silk are the fact that it is expensive and can be a bit difficult to maintain.
- Wool: it is not a doubtful thing that merino wool is one of the comfortable fabric. Wool is breathable and tends to wick away the moisture too. also, it can make one feel warm during colder seasons while providing enough breathability to the sleepwear. However, one thing that needs to keep in mind is that good wool is expensive and choosing cheaper ones can be itchy and scratchy on skin.
Linen: another of a very famous fabric that can be chosen if one lives in warm and hot climates is linen. Linen is highly breathable, soft and durable and thus is perfect for sleepwear choices. However, linen can be an expensive choice and also it is a bot difficult to maintain them as it gets wrinkled pretty quick.