JioMart, an e-commerce platform operated by Reliance Retail, introduced a new WhatsApp order booking service during the block. A new dedicated JioMart WhatsApp number has been introduced and is now taking orders for important goods and promises availability within 48 hours. This new service comes just a week after Facebook acquired a 9.99 percent stake in Reliance Jio. The telecommunications operator has been reported to introduce a WhatsApp push for JioMart and has now started testing it in select areas in Maharashtra. The new JioMart WhatsApp Order Booking Service is currently available in selected regions of Navi Mumbai, Thane and Kalyan.
Reliance Jio has introduced a dedicated WhatsApp number for this service. Gadgets 360 tested the JioMart WhatsApp order booking service in Navi Mumbai and we successfully placed an order. Users must save this dedicated number on their phones in order to chat with the business account. JioMart notes that no home delivery is offered and consumers have to go to the nearest kirana store to pick up their delivery. We have described step-by-step instructions for ordering from JioMart via WhatsApp.
- Save the number +91 88500 08000 as JioMart on your mobile phone.
- After saving the number, go to Whatsappand search for the saved contact. You may need to update your contact list by tapping the new chat icon, three dots above and then Update.
- Tap on it and send a “hello” message.
- A automatically generated message will come as soon as you send the first “hello”. The message points out that the service is only available in Navi Mumbai, Thane and Kalyan.
- The user is informed that orders placed with JioMart before 7 p.m. can be picked up at your nearest JioMart Kirana store within the next 2 days.
- This automatically generated message also consists of a unique link that expires in 30 minutes. If the user is not used within 30 minutes, he has to send a “Hello” message again to generate a new link.
- As soon as you click on the link, a special JioMart page opens in the browser, where you are asked for basic information such as address and telephone number.
- Enter all the details and click “Action’
- A list of items available in your nearby Kirana stores is mentioned. The list isn’t as extensive and extensive as we’d like, but JioMart should improve inventory over time.
- As soon as you have placed the order, JioMart shows you the total amount to be paid and immediately sends you another WhatsApp text.
- This text mentions the name and address of the nearby kirana store from which you need to collect the order, as well as a phone number for all related inquiries. JioMart notes that upon completion of the order, the user will be sent a text asking them to go to the Kirana store and pick up the delivery. Payment only needs to be made at the time of collection.
- JioMart also sends a Google Maps link to properly find the kirana shop.
Facebook buys 9.99 percent of Reliance Jio
JioMart was launched in January this year and the e-commerce platform is expected to take on Amazon and Flipkart in India. The JioMart platform is said to have several small retailers and Kirana shops on board to serve Indian consumers.
How do we stay healthy during this coronavirus ban? We discussed this in Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts or RSS, download the episode, or just click the play button below.