Do you want to start a blog without making rookie mistakes? We have helped more than 130,000 users to start a blog successfully. Watch this video to learn more.
Starting a blog can be a scary thought, especially when you're not techy. Guess what, you are not alone. Having helped more than 130,000 users to start a blog, we have decided to create the most complete guide on how to start a WordPress blog without any technical knowledge.
The process of creating a blog is easy to follow if you are 20 or 60 years old. However, if you need help, our team will help you set up your blog for free.
Click here to get the free configuration of your WordPress blog
To start your WordPress blog, you will need the following 3 things:
1. An idea of domain name (this will be the name of your blog, that is, wpbeginner.com)
2. A web hosting account (this is where your website lives on the Internet)
3. Your total attention for 30 minutes.
== Get the best web hosting discount from BlueHost ==
Be sure to use the coupon code: WPBEGINNER
In this tutorial, we will cover:
– How to install WordPress
– How to design your website using WordPress themes
– How to write your first blog post
– How to add pages on your website
– How to install WordPress plugins
— Add contact form with WordPress plugins
— Add an SEO plugin to help search engines find / read your site
– How to add menus in WordPress
– How to add widgets in WordPress
– Modify WordPress site settings
Whatever you do, don't choose the wrong blogging platform. We strongly recommend that you use the self-hosted WordPress site.
See our best comparison of blogging platforms:
If you liked this guide, consider subscribing to WPBeginner.
We wish you the best of luck with your new blog.
If you want to learn WordPress for free, check out our WordPress video tutorials:
Text version of this tutorial
If you liked this video, then click on Like and consider subscribing to our channel here to get more WordPress videos.
Check us out on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Visit our website for more WordPress tutorials