The auspicious occasion of Maha Shivratri is on February 21 of this year. The festival marks the celebration of Lord Shiva and Maa Parvati's marriage, Devotees crowded into Shiva Parvati temples and offer their prayers to the Almighty.
Our country is home to different traditions and cultures, so festivals that respect each one are more important to everyone. Festivities and rituals can be different as you move from north to south or east to west, but the spirit with which you are worshiped is the same.
There are many interesting facts related to the special festival of Maha Shivratri.
– It is believed that during the night of Shivratri the cosmic energy flow is high and many meditate that day to improve their focus and attention.
– – Maha Shivratri marks the celebration of Lord Shiva and Maa Parvati. The union of Shiva and Shakti gives the greatest power that is put together in the universe.
– Followers stay awake all night singing and dancing to Shiva Bhajans. Some believe that Jagran (wakes up all night) is done to keep company with the gentleman who should stay awake after drinking the poison during samudra-manthan.
– The festival of Maha Shivratri is celebrated worldwide by the Indian diaspora and the rituals can be different.
– Some even believe that the absolutely formless god Sadashiv appears at midnight in the form of Lingodbhav Moorti on Maha Shivratri.
The legends and myths associated with one of the festivals are innumerable.
On the occasion of a special festival, we wish our readers a very happy Maha Shivratri!