Scare: Innocent Doggo swallows his owner's engagement ring, but the vet saves the day

0
59
<pre><pre>Carrots and sweet potatoes are dropped for animals in Australia in the midst of the bushfire crisis

Pepper, the dog, was immediately taken to a hospital and an X-ray confirmed that the ring was actually in his stomach.

Scare: Innocent Doggo swallows his owner's engagement ring, but the vet saves the day
Photo credit: Valley Farm Animal Hospital / Facebook.

A veterinarian shared a fun post on Twitter after treating a dog swallowing a diamond ring.

The incident was reported from South Africa. Pepper, an Australian pointer, accidentally swallowed his owner's engagement ring.

Pepper was immediately taken to a hospital and an X-ray confirmed that the ring was in his stomach.

The vet successfully extracted the ring and shared a funny post about the incident on Facebook.

He shared a picture of the dog with the heading: "My name is Pepper. Do I look a little bad? This is because the vet just gave me something to make me vomit! Not because the vet is mean, but because I ate my mother's engagement ring! "

Swiss Post collected more than 5,000 likes and around 4,400 shares. The veterinarian's comment section contained some funny comments and people who remembered similar incidents with their pets.

One user wrote: “Poor puppy! I'm glad it worked out well for everyone! We had a similar incident with our boxer that ended up with surgery, so you were lucky! "

One person remembered the time when his cat was eating jewelry.

Another told the story of a 6 month old beagle who had buried a ring. "Took a week and a metal detector to find it!"

Get the best of News18 in your inbox – subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube and stay up to date with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.