Bengaluru: The government of Karnataka issued new orders on Sunday to continue the stringent blocking measures by the Home Office until midnight on April 21. The government is considering easing the blockage after April 21, and the state cabinet, which is due to meet the next day, is likely to discuss Monday, sources said.
The Secretary General, T M Vijay Bhaskar, in his capacity as Chairman of the Executive Committee, issued instructions to all departments, deputy district commissioners.
Superintendent of the police and other department heads that they should continue to implement the measures currently in place in the state to curb the spread of COVID-19 by midnight on April 21, the command said.
Referring to the fact that the Union’s Ministry of Interior issued instructions on 14 April that the blocking measures should remain in place until 3 May, the ministry has selected selected additional activities to alleviate the public’s plight admitted April 20. according to the guidelines.
Hours after the announcement that two-wheelers were allowed to drive on roads and IT / BT companies could resume operations at 33 percent strength after April 20, Karnataka chief minister BS Yediyurappa had rolled them back on Saturday, using public opinion as the reason cited.
However, the decisions announced by Yediyurappa after a meeting of high-ranking ministers on Saturday, which have remained unchanged so far, include the identification of security zones and the activities that are permitted in non-security zones.
Appointment of a commanding officer for each security zone and issuing official powers; 33 percent of government employees are allowed to work and should board contract buses that are hired exclusively for them. Prohibition orders will continue until May 3; Shopping centers and showrooms remain closed.