One of the hallmarks of most (the loudspeaker is the light ring – or in the case of the echo show
$ 230 at Amazon
) shows the light bar.
When you wake up the speaker with "Alexa", the light turns blue and then swirls around as Alexa processes yours,
This light ring also serves as a status indicator and as a notification light. Sometimes the echo ring or the show bar light up in different colors, all of which mean something important.
Here's what those colors mean.
I'm waiting for you …
Most of the time there is no light ring. If the device is connected and no LEDs are lit, the loudspeaker is active and is waiting for you to speak the wake-up word. When you interact with Alexa, you see white and different shades of blue.
- If you speak the wake-up word or wake Alexa manually, the light ring turns solid blue and a small part of cyan points in the direction of the speaking person.
- Solid blue with rotating cyan After saying a command, Alexa processes your request. This also happens when the speaker is turned on.
- Alternating blue and cyan when Alexa responds to a command or query.
- The light ring shows the volume percentage in White If you manually turn the light ring on the Amazon Echo or the first generation , press the volume key up or down or tell Alexa to adjust the volume.
Just so you know …
The light ring also shows you whether there are problems with Alexa. Status indicators are red, purple or orange.
Something to share …
After you can send messages and make calls with Alexa, Amazon has introduced two new colors for notifications: green and yellow.
- ON pulsating green light indicates an incoming call.
- ON turn the green light means that you are on the phone.
- ON pulsating yellow light tells you that you have messages in your inbox. You can say "play my messages" or "check my notifications" for more information.
The show continues …
Unlike the Amazon Echo Smart speakers, the Echo Show benefits from a full display. However, the device still uses light signals similar to the corresponding speakers. These are shown in a thin strip at the bottom of the screen. Here are the color meanings:
- ON continuous blue band with a blue-green stain The direction of the speaker is displayed when you speak the wake-up word.
- ON continuous red band means the microphone and camera have been turned off. After a few seconds, the light goes out and there is a microphone / camera off symbol in the upper right corner of the display.
- ON Band of Orange means that your Echo Show is experiencing network connectivity issues.
- ON Band of violet means that you have set the Echo Show to Do Not Disturb. After a few seconds, the light goes out and there is a moon symbol in the upper right corner of the display.